What are the advantages/disadvantages of IP-Phone?
Advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
- Call charges between IP-Phone and the following will become cheaper: landline phone, mobile phone, PHS, and IP-Phone connected to mutual connection VoIP board.
- Charges for calling IP-Phone services which are interactively connected with NTT Communications VoIP platform will become free.
- Calls cannot be made to numbers not supporting IP-Phone (e.g., special numbers starting from 1 such as 110, 119; phone services starting from 0120 and 0990).
- IP-Phone is unavailable when the link up speed is slow or the line quality is poor.
- There are cases where FAX and analog modem become unavailable or IP-Phone does not perform as intended.